If you are ready and serious about writing, if you have an idea/story that you have always wanted to write, if you know that your story can help and move others, then it’s time to stop talking and commit to writing. A story is only as good the writer’s commitment and belief in her/his material. Opal offers individual and group writing classes in all genres.
As your Coach, Opal will:
- Lead you through guided-meditation exercises to prompt and stimulate your creative flow.
- Help you develop an idea for a short story, a novel or a non-fiction and guide you through the completion of the project.
- Edit your poetry, prose and non-fiction manuscripts.
- Meet with you regularly to guide and mentor you through your writing project.
- Help you to set a timeline and keep your writing project on schedule.
Opal Palmer Adisa has over twenty years college teaching experience and has taught at several universities in the Bay Area including, California College of the Arts, Stanford University, University of California, Berkeley, St. Mary’s and San Francisco State University. She has conducted writing workshops in elementary through high school, museums, churches, community centers as well as in prison and juvenile centers. She also conducts parenting workshops.
Speaking & Readings
Opal is available for speaking engagements and Readings. Opal is a compassionate teacher, accomplished storyteller, gifted diversity trainer, and celebrated writer. A motivational, sought-after speaker,
Opal Palmer Adisa has lectured and read her work throughout the United States, Europe, South Africa, South America, and the Caribbean.